Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Blogging for Mamaw


I have been intrigued with blogging for quite some time now especially since I enjoy reading my friends, Kim and Melany's blogs but I had never really been inclined to start my own.  Well, as a tribute to my grandmother who was the queen of keeping everyone informed and in touch with each other I have decided to do my best to continue the tradition albeit in the digital age.  My grandmother was very good at calling and keeping in touch with all of her friends and family, even back to Kentucky with friends from over 30 years ago.  I think more people know about what's going on with me than I know about myself because my grandmother loved to share what's going on in our lives!   My grandmother not only enjoyed keeping in touch via phone but she also starting using email back in 2000.  At her memorial, several people mentioned how much they are going to miss getting her emails.  

My blog may not be as witty as some others and could be quite boring at times but it is my attempt to memorialize my grandmother in some sort of constant way.  I know she would've been the first to read it and I know she would be proud.  She was the love of my life and I miss her so.  

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. You go Brown Eyes!
    I am proud of you.
    What a joy for our family and your sweet friends.

    Thanks for all your support with Mamaw I would have not made it without YOU,your sweet boys Andy,Judy and Thomas. I remember when I picked you up at the San Jose Airport I said it takes a village to take care of GMamaw (Conner gave her that name)

    She love you soooo much and Andy and of course your boys!!! God did not give me children but he gave me a wonderful niece and nephew. GMamaw loved her sweet daughter Judy and grandson Thomas soooo much!

    I wanted to give a shout out to Millersville Church of Christ. Thank you for ALL your love, support and numerous cards it lifted GMamaw spirits and well as all of ours. Jason thanks for taking that journey
    with Andy and sure you will have many funny stories to tell for years to come. I love meeting
    your sweet Malham's family and the brothers and sisters of the church.
    I will be forever grateful for all of your kindness!!!

    What a joy to spend a little time with great friends and family...the Brown's I feel like I have known you for years, Angel and Gary with your great news, wow it seems like only yesterday I was at your wedding.
    Andy it was a treat to see your Mom and your sweet family, the cake was Awesome!

    Happy New Year to all of you and a tribute to Mamaw the greatest lady you would ever meet.
    She taught me many lessons but the top three are always be kind, put others first and my favorite is to always be generous it is better to give than to receive.

    New Year's Eve I shared with some GMamaw's friends to reminisce and reflect on her life.
    My life will never be the same she was my Mom and my best friend (what a blessing not everyone has that relationship) but I am enriched with wonderful memories and she lives on in each and everyone of us.


    May God Bless you this year with love, good health and tons of laughter and great new memories.

    I love you
    Auntie Donna

    ReplyDelete