Monday, May 2, 2011

65 Days to Reshaping It All

I encourage anyone interested in some encouragement in the food department to check out the button on the right side of my blog.  This site will be offering daily tips and encouragement for all of us on our daily journey with food.  Candace Cameron Bure (DJ from Full House) recently published a book entitled Reshaping It All that talks about her journey with food but it also talks about the spiritual connection. As I tell anyone when I talk to them about my sideline passion of nutrition, it's a lifestyle not a diet, and I think this book follows in the same direction.  She also lists recipes that she uses in her family.

Disclaimer***I've yet to purchase this book for myself (although I did buy my Mom a copy for Mother's Day and I flipped through her copy before I mailed it).  I've been trying to catch up on some other reading (ahem, book club that's already been extended once amongst other things ;-)  But I do intend on getting the book later this week.  What really pushed me into wanting to get this book sooner rather than later was reading about the 65 Days to Reshaping It All event and Candace's co-author Darlene Schacht  saying that this book can be an inspiration for everyone whether you need to lose 100 pounds or just need to maintain your day to day journey with food.  So even though I'm not looking to lose weight it's always a good idea to have encouragement and re-affirmation of what my daily walk with food needs to be.  I like how Darlene admits that she herself has been doing some things she shouldn't and she co-authored the book!  Of course life circumstances puts us in different places for different reasons and even if you've done well in the past there's always room to slip up.  We always need encouragement and what better place to find if with other Christian women.  My goal is to be healthy for myself and my family.  I want to break the cycle of disease in my family and be as strong as I can so long as the Lord wants me in service here on this earth!

So here's to eating my salad today when I might be craving something else...



No comments:

Post a Comment