Friday, January 23, 2009

Yea for Work!

Today was a rare day when I actually wanted to go to work and get out of the house and I didn't feel guilty about it one bit.  I really was more excited about going to pilates today but work was right up there too.  I missed pilates last week so I jumped at the chance to have a babysitter during the day.  Camren has been fussier than normal due to teething and I really can't complain about that but it's sure nice to be out of the house for today!  I prefer to work and exercise earlier in the day when I am still fresh but my current schedule allows for me to do these things from about 3pm -6pm after Caitlin gets out of school and is wonderful enough to come babysit for us.  Of course by that time of day my energy and brain cells are virtually gone so today was refreshing.
We had a very busy week and a half and I have so much to catch up on.  In summary:

  • Last Thursday night Andy presided over the TPCA Region 3 meeting (of which he is president) and we had an especially good meeting with great speakers.  
  • Last Friday night was spent at the Malham's playing Wii, Scene It and Outburst until about midnight.  Again, super fun time but been paying for it all week by the time we got home and got the kids in bed it was after 1 am.  It's taken me some time to recover...
  • Saturday the boys helped daddy install a part to fix our ever problematic kitchen sink.

  • Saturday night we hosted a group meeting of our church friends at our house so that involved lots of cleaning and cooking and then entertaining about 25 people.  
  • Sunday night was an awesome night as we had a skate party at a real skating rink.  Conner was very attached to mommy (daddy and Camren went home) except when all the other people had gotten off the rink when it was time to go and Conner finally felt safe to be on his own.  And, yes, those are elbow, knee pads and wrist guards on my child.  Believe me, I got made fun of plenty. 


  • The rest of my week has involved all the usual stuff in addition to planning (very last minute) a 50th Anniversary party for my in-laws on January 30th.  I am sort of the unofficial party planner and since I've been busy getting my life back on track I let this slip up on me.  Anyway, planning is well underway and other than being incredibly embarrassed for giving hardly more than a week's notice to the guests it is going well.  
  • I was also very much into reading about and watching the inaugural events this week and tried to explain as best you can to an almost 4 year old the significance of what we were watching.  Conner thought the coolest part was the music (Aretha Franklin and Yo Yo Ma) and said "Mommy please don't turn it!"
  • Oh and Andy has been sick this week so we hope that he is feeling better very soon!

Being new to blogging I've felt bad for being behind on my posts and will try not to have such a long one next time!  One final thing, this weather today is fabulous but tomorrow back to the 30s.  Can't wait for spring! 

No comments:

Post a Comment